Karnataka Ration Card Online / Download Duplicate Ration Card / Document Required for ration card in Karnataka State
Karnataka Ration Card Online
As we know that Ration Card is Very important document in India especially to poor people to buy goods like food grains, wheat, sugar and kerosene in subsidy rates depending on their economic condition. Karnataka State Government, Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs has introduced various facility regarding issues of Ration card like apply for ration card online, Check status of ration Card , Correction in Ration Card etc. In this article we will discuss about the detailed information regarding ration card issues in Karnataka.
Ration Card Types in Karnataka
Antyodaya Ration Cards : This type of ration card is issued to those persons who have not stable income i.e. Old Age persons, Unemployed people.
Below Poverty Line- BPL Cards : The people who have earning less then Rs. 10,000 per annum can get BPL ration Card and they are liable to receive food and grains at very cheap cost by Government.
Above Poverty Line- APL Cards: These category are not liable for food grains though Government. This type of ration card is used as identity.
Documents Required for Ration Card
You can submit any one of document as resident proof along with application form and Passport size photographs of the head of the family ,
- Voter Identity card
- Driving License
- LPG Reciept
- Rent Agreement
- Extract of electoral roll
- Latest telephone bill ( on the applicant name) ,
- Identity card issued by the Government or public sector.
How to Apply for Ration Card
The resident of Karnataka can apply for ration card with simple procedure which is discussed below.
- First of all visit to the official website and download application form for ration card in prescribed format or get it from the office of Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
- Fill up the application form and attach required documents, proof of residence and passport size photo attested by the gazette officer.
- Submit the application form to the nearest Ration card Office.Your application form will be inquired by the officials. If all the fill up details are found correct, ration card will be sent at your address.
Check Status of Ration Card in Karnataka
If the consumer have applied for ration card, they can check status of ration card application with the help of below mentioned steps.
- Visit tot he official website at-
- Click on ” Ration Card Current Status” in Home page.
- Enter your ration card Number and mobile number.
- Finally Click on “Submit” Button.
- Details of your ration card Application will be displayed on your screen.
Ration Card Department in Karnataka
Name of the Department : Food & Civil Supplies Consumer Affairs
Address: Food & Civil Supplies Consumer Affairs Department, Marketing Federation Building, Cunningham Road, Bangalore- 560052
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Free No.: 1967 & 1800-425-9339
Official website: ahara.kar.nic.in